Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm Writing a Book

Aren't we all writing a book? If you're not, you should. Someone has to get published.

I'm writing a book about my life as a psychic. How I came to know that's what was going on with me, how I was different as a child. It's about my way toward learning my potential, and about how I came to teach others to do the same.

I thought I'd just whip it out.

But that didn't happen. I need to edit it, remove some of the negativity about the whole industry, and even about my own experiences within it. Not that I don't want to be honest. Just that I don't need to be mean.

I thought, however, that to get this blog started, I'd put an excerpt in from the beginning of the book, an introduction into a large part of who I am, a look at who I've been.

To let you know right away, if you're unfamiliar with my presence online, I'm all about "putting it all out there". That's why I'm called Shameless. (That, and the catchy play on my last name, of course.) I really do put it all out there. I'm not going to hide behind the Healer. I don't claim to be anything I'm not, and I lay claim to all I am, which absolutely has to include who I've been.

So you'll be getting the truth here.

And I tend to say it straight.

So here's a bit from the book I'm working on. An autobiographical peek into the world of a psychic. It's called, "Give it Away".

~~~~~

When I was a kid, weird things happened. I think the funniest thing about who I am now, and what I did for a living for so long, is that I always wanted ESP. I remember being five or six, and watching “Escape from Witch Mountain” and identifying with the poor alien kids, and wishing that I could read minds, and send mental messages, and move objects just by thinking it.

I never realized that I was totally freakin’ psychic the whole time.

I saw colors around people. I “felt” how people felt in a given situation. I always knew who was on the phone. I could tell you exactly what time it was, any time of the day, and I’ve never been able to wear a watch.

I had premonitions. I always guessed my teachers’ ages. Or their weight.

I had prophetic dreams.

When I was fifteen, and I attended military school in Texas, I was awakened from a dream. I ran down the hall to the phone booth and called my parents who were in Idaho. It was sometime early in the morning, like 2:00 or 3:00, so my mom was sleeping when the phone rang.

I asked to speak to my dad.

The conversation with my mom went something like this:
“Can I talk to Dad?”
“What time is it?” and she checked. “It’s the middle of the night.”
“I had a dream, can I talk to Dad?”
“Ummm… He’s asleep.”
“Well wake him up, I need to talk to him.”
“He’s asleep, Kevin. I’m not going to wake him up.”
I thought she was lying to me. I asked, “So he’s there, though?”
“Yes. He’s sleeping. I was sleeping. You should be sleeping. Go back to bed.”
“You’re sure he’s right there? He wasn’t in an accident? He’s okay?”
“Go to bed, Kevin. Your dad is fine.”

I went to bed, but I was none too happy about it. I’d had a dream that my dad was in a car accident. That he’d gone off a cliff, and that he was hurt. But if my mom said he was in bed with her, sleeping, then I figured that’s where he was.

The next morning I received a call from my mom.
“I lied to you last night.”
My heart crunched into a wretched knot, and my mind said, “TOLD you!”

My mom continued, “Your dad was in a car accident last night. It happened just before you called. He’s fine.
“A rock fell off a cliff while he was driving over the pass in Montana. It hit the front of the car, and he swerved, and slammed into the guardrail. I guess it looks like the car had a giant can opener taken to the side. He nearly went off a cliff, but he rode the guardrail to the end, and somehow managed to get back into the road. He’d just picked up a hitchhiker, too. ‘Guess the guy left after that. Dad’s fine.”

There’s a shining example of the things I had to live with.

I learned how to astral project from a friend of mine at military school. I left my body one day, and visited my friend Samara. I was in Texas. She lived in Idaho. I took my astral body to her house, listened-in to the end of her phone conversation, followed her around as she got a glass of milk, and saw her look at herself in the mirror. I saw her mom in the kitchen.

Then I reeled myself back into my body, slid down the hall, and called her.

I told her everything she’d just done, everything I’d just seen, and what she’d said on the phone.
I was dead-on. We both freaked out. If we get together and talk about it, we’ll still freak out.
I spent years reading, and exploring what I could do, finding out what the big names had to say about all of it. I practiced astral projection, and lucid dreaming.

I’m fairly certain I used to cheat on tests by gleaning the answers from either the teachers' minds, or the students, or maybe the collective consciousness. I know there were times when I wouldn’t know and answer, and I’d just relax, and a voice would tell it to me.

As a teenager I always knew when the cops were coming to bust our party. My friends would actually watch for me to get the vibe, (sometimes I’d have to track them down and let them know we should go) and we’d leave—usually with the police pulling around the corner behind us. Ask ‘em, it’s true.

Things got really weird when I was in my early twenties. That’s when my grandma died. Then she came to talk to me.

~~~~~~~

After that comes the whole story of why my grandmother came to visit me after she died, and that's before the traveling, and the becoming a professional psychic, and traveling around teaching the technique I helped develop.

I plan to add the entire training manual for that technique, The Orion Technique, in the book I'm writing. It tells you exactly how to use your mind to heal, how to connect with the underlying Flow of the universe, how to be free, and truly creative. We'll certainly be talking about all that here, too.

Please, if you stumble across this blog, and you're interested in this stuff, and you've got a question, leave it as a comment. I'll try and answer.

We can make this an interactive sort of thing.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: