Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mind

Where is my mind?

Most of the time, it's scattered about the universe, concentrating a lot of thought on this reality--physical reality and all that touches it, time, space, dimension, etc. Some of it is otherwhere, seemingly completely detached from these parts that encompass the multiverse.

But sometimes it's greatly focused. Sometimes even those parts of my mind that seem impossible to reign-in, the godly parts, the timeless, ageless, oneness parts of it, can even be trained to a specific task.

It's at those times that my mind shapes and bends the reality in which it dwells.

And that is how I heal.

Most of the time, the scattered concentration of my mind dwells on the immediate past, present, and future. It's not hanging around in my body, like is commonly thought to be its place in this reality. It's exploring the amazing qualities of cause and effect in the universe, more specifically, related to my life in it.

If I can bring my mind to a focused point in the present, if I can stop worrying about the past, future, and the possibilites of reality swirling around my mind, I can literally solidify the possibility of my choice.

When my mind is truly together, I can speak with the fabric of the universe. I can speak to the intricate workings of physical space, mold it, sculpt the tiniest parts of what is, stir the atomic sea.

We all can.

The problem is in focusing. The key to focus is realizing that you're not focused.

Simple, right?

Wrong.

If I truly believed I could pinpoint my mind to its ultimate focus, and practiced it to my fullest potential, I wouldn't have need of typing this. In fact, I wouldn't have need of fingers. I'd be off in the underworks, flitting about as a bit of light, knowing everything there is to know.

Apparently, there's something very important, and very complicated to learn about this physical fabric of what's what. It's what we're all concentrating on, right?

Our minds pay fairly close attention to our bodies, and what's going on around them. Not nearly as much attention as they should, or there wouldn't be aches, pains, and a lot of sicknesses, but enough attention that most people mistake their minds for their brains. Or at least, equate them.

They are not at all the same.

Your brain is a computer. Your mind has access to the computer, but doesn't access most of it, and doesn't spend as much time exploring it as it could.

Your brain works independantly from your mind. If your mind paid your brain no attention at all, it would still function. It would still monitor, record, and direct the body and its experiences. Without a mind, your brain would idle.

But without your brain, your mind would not have access to the experience of your body. This would certainly free your mind to go about other things, but it wouldn't experience the physical realm in the same (excuse the pun) hands-on way.

And then there's the whole, "tied to the body" thing that our minds have going on. I don't know if it's a contract, or just a soul experience that we can't remember, but for some reason, barring death, or ascension, our mind doesn't let go of our brain.

There is always an attachment.

Unfortunately, society at large has been duped into believing that the brain and the mind are the same thing. People usually don't even think about testing the attachment of the two, or changing their relationship, or even examining their relationship.

Once you do, you come to some quick conclusions about the nature of the universe, and the power that we have within it.

Let's talk about how to focus your mind. Let's also talk a bit about common ideas about how to focus your mind, or how to achieve a state of consciousness conducive for healing, or any other aspect of psychic phenomenon.

I have to start with brainwaves, because this is the greatest misconception that that the modern metaphysical world has going on when talking about the mind-body relationship.

It is commonly believed that in order to free your mind from your body, you must lower your brainwaves. That's what this whole Theta thing is about.

That's wrong. In fact, it's the opposite of right.

Your brainwaves lower as a side-effect of your mind letting go of its focus on your body. It's the idling I was talking about earlier.

Brainwaves are measured in increments of speed. Hertz, actually, an electric revolution.

There are four common levels of brain activity--Beta, Alpha, Theta, and Delta.

Beta is the wide-awake brainwave. Your brain is in Beta when you're busy talking, or moving, or working. It's the fastest revolution of waves.

Alpha is slower. Your brain goes into Alpha to envision things, to imagine, and daydream, and see in your mind's eye. It also naturally cycles into Alpha during active dreams, where your brain needs to "see" without your eyes.

Theta is even slower. Theta is the cycle of your brain during deep sleep, or trance. It occurs in dreams, aiding Alpha to construct a realistic view. It's the cycle of your brain for receiving universal information. Why? Because only a slight grip from your mind is on your brain at that point. You've left the driver's seat of your body, and your mind has gone exploring, has connected with the one mind of the multiverse, and begun thinking again, like a creator.

Delta is the slowest of all. It's where comotose people's brains cycle. There's only a finger of your mind left in your body when your brain cycles in Delta. It's almost on autopilot. And your mind is nearly free.

So for years, people have been training their brains. At least, that's what they thought they were doing. What they were really doing was training their minds. Getting the courage to release the tight grip on the brain that the mind believes it needs to continue its brain and body's life. Your brainwaves lower, when you change the focus of your mind. When you pay attention elsewhere.

It's that simple. You don't have to worry about slowing down your brain.

You only have to concentrate on where your mind is focused. Once you do that, your mind leaves your body, and all its restraints, worries, and limitations.

Once your mind is free, you can create. We'll talk about that later.

For now, I'd like you to think about your mind and your brain. Realize that while there is a connection between them, you 're not really focusing much attention on your body, you can even devote less attention to it than you are, and that it's your mind that makes up who you are.

In the next entry, I'm just going to post an exercise in mind, brain, and imagination that I've used throughout my experiences teaching others about refocusing their minds.

Please, try it. Find the focus point of your mind, and use it. And tell me about it. Let me know your experiences with mind, brain, and creative imagination. Ask me to clarify if I've been vague. I'm here to spread the word, and help you get it.

Thanks for joining me.

3 comments:

Kevin Shamel said...

Thank you!

I'm glad you liked it. I hope it does some good for you.

Linda said...

I loved this information. I am really ready to expand my mind!

Vivienne said...

Thanks for clarifing the Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta thing, and explaining how focusing the mind elsewhere affects the speed of your brain, instead trying to slow the brain to achieve that state you want. Cart before the horse problem. Don't try to change the symptom, change the cause.
I love this whole blog. You have taught me a lot about the mind-brain connection.
Thanks.